Welcome to our wedding weekend! We're excited to have you celebrate with us.
January 8, 2022
The O'Donnell House
Palm Springs, CA
Sam and Kendall met in the summer of 2018 when Sam asked Kendall on a date the day they met. Fast forward a few months and they parted ways, only to reconnect the following summer in 2019, and almost exactly a year after their first date, they had a second first date.
A month later they went to Venice and Lake Como, and then spent the next several months hiking, cooking, rock climbing, and skiing. When Covid hit they hunkered down in Brooklyn, and after a few months gave up their NYC leases and headed west. Three months in Palm Springs was followed by five months in Santa Fe. While in New Mexico, Sam surprised Kendall with a ski trip to Taos for her birthday, and popped the question on the last ski run of the day with a ring he had made himself.
Now back in New York, they're excited to bring everyone out to Palm Springs to experience why they fell in love with the desert.
Joshua Tree Hike
For those in town, Friday morning we'll head out to Joshua Tree for a group hike and lunch, returning in time for dinner.
Attire: Hiking + sun protection
Welcome Drinks at The Avalon
Friday night we'll host welcome drinks in Palm Springs to bring everyone together before the wedding.
Attire: Palm Springs chic
The O'Donnell House at The Willows
Ceremony, followed by cocktails, dinner, and dancing!
Attire: Desert formal... think long floral dresses, bolero ties welcome!
*Please note children are not permitted by the venue
After the reception we'll move the party down into Palm Springs proper for anyone who wants to keep dancing. Details to be confirmed.
Farewell Brunch at 1501 Restaurant
Stop by for a farewell brunch before heading out if you have time!
Visiting Palm Springs
We recommend Airbnb for large groups, and also recommend the following hotels for varying price points: Palm Springs Hyatt, The Ace, The Saguaro, Kimpton Rowan, and Korakia, which are all close to the venue.
If flying into Los Angeles, Palm Springs can be a 2.5 - 3 hour drive from LAX. Palm Springs airport (PSP) also offers direct flights from many locations, including NYC.
Once in Palm Springs, Uber/Lyft is readily available, and the wedding venue is even walking distance from some hotels in the 'downtown' area.
Temperatures are warm during the day, but can get pretty chilly after sunset (~5pm!). The cocktail and dinner reception will have heaters, but will be outside, so dress accordingly.
See and Do
All along N. Palm Canyon Dr is a great place to browse furniture/interiors shops and vintage stores.
Stop by Windmill City, The Frippery, The Shops at 1345, The Pit gallery, Mitchells.
- Melvyn's for old-school dining
- Mr. Lyons for steakhouse classics
- Farm for French-inspired bistro
- Elmers for diner eats
- Fruit Wonders for smoothies and bowls
- Lapperts for Ice Cream
- Sandfish for sushi
- 533 Viet Fusion for Vietnamese
- Rooster and Pig for Asian fusion
- Cartel Coffee Lab for coffee
- Bar Cecil for a drink and bite (arrive @ 4:45 and no later to snag a spot if you don;t have a reservation)
- Bar Reformation @ The Parker for wine bar
- Tailor Shop for high-end cocktails
- Poolside bar at the Ace for cocktails and lounging
- Palm Springs Art Museum is right next to the wedding venue, and well worth the visit
- Take a ride with the Palm Springs Mod Squad to do an architectural tour of Greater Palm Springs and see he Mid Century Modern landscape
- Joshua Tree is ~1-hour drive, and well worth it if you have time! The Wine and Rock Shop in Yucca Valley is a must-stop on the way out.
- If you prefer a hike closer by, we recommend the Cactus to Clouds trailhead by the PS Museum, or the South Lykken Trail.
- If you drop down to Rancho Mirage, the Bump and Grind Trail is great as well
- Boomers in Cathedral city has Go-Karts, Mini Golf, and Batting cages; always a good time no matter how old you are
- Ride a quad bike on the sand at offroadrentals.com, just outside Palm Springs proper
- Rent a cruiser or road bike from Palm Springs Cyclery - reach out to Sam for great rides of any distance
Our registry is hosted on Zola
Thank you for celebrating with us on our special day
Sam & Kendall